Performs creative and professional work in maintaining a positive image and promoting awareness of the Chickasaw Nation’s programs, services, businesses, cultural and special events.
Monitors areas within the Chickasaw Nation for new programs, services, events activities, awards, etc. for opportunities to distribute information to tribal citizens and the public.
Works with other departments (clients) to interpret and/or identify communications needs, create strategies and timelines and develop communication plans to meet their goals.
Works with other departments (clients) to communicate needed information within budget parameters.
Works with designers and creative team to develop content and presents concepts to client.
Responsible for conception and implementation of creative production strategies for information about the Chickasaw Nation or programs and services it provides to both internal and external communication outlets.
Conducts necessary research for writing press releases, as well as finding appropriate media sources in which to pitch story ideas.
Prepares information, press releases, public service announcements, takes pictures and creates website content designed to keep the public informed of Chickasaw Nation programs, services, accomplishments or points of view.
Compiles and writes articles for use in other media outlets, when needed, i.e. newsletter, progress report.
Monitors and tracks outside media coverage for the Chickasaw Nation.
Must establish and maintain positive working relationships with all Chickasaw Nation departments.
Assists in compiling various reports, mailings and correspondence.
All other duties as assigned.
Must have knowledge of practices and procedures of public relations, journalism and media relations work. Past experience with direct marketing strategies is not required, but a plus. Must have good written and oral communication skills and be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with peers and outside media. Must be detail oriented and have the ability to plan, organize and follow through on all projects and assignments from beginning to end. Must be proficient in the use of cameras and computer hardware and software used in the production of work in this field. Must be able to work on deadline and with minimum supervision.
Must possess a bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications or related field. Applicant must have a minimum of two years experience directly related to duties of this position, i.e. public affairs, journalism, media relations, communications.
To apply online, visit www.chickasaw.net/employmentcenter and search “communications officer”.
Director of University Communications
This director will work closely with the Communication Committee to develop, implement, evaluate, and refine a comprehensive communications initiative. S/he will collaborate with the President’s Cabinet and Communications Committee to assure that public relations and university marketing efforts support the President’s strategic plan for the university.This leader will consistently reinforce the University Strategic Plan across all media and to all audiences by assuring that all media communicates a unified message and brand. S/he will provide communication counsel to the President’s Cabinet, deans, faculty chairs, and administrative directors on institutional image and communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned by the President.)
Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the university and develop and execute communication strategies to support them;
Establish, implement, and support a MACU Style Guide for written and visual brand identity;
Actively engage, cultivate, and manage media relationships to ensure continuing and growing coverage of prioritized programs, events, announcements, and other projects;
Develops and executes integrated external and internal communications strategies relating to the university and its learning partnerships;
Identify, establish, and maintain key outsourcing partnerships in the areas of graphic design;
Oversees the development, designing, and writing of print and electronic collateral materials to promote the university’s brand, including the Mid-American magazine;
Assists the President in development of presentations and news releases;
Writes content for publications on campus as needed;
Develops measurements to evaluate results of public relations and institutional communication programs;
Assists in the development and production of external presentations and videos used in campus efforts;
Offers creative ideas for developing and supporting special events that showcase the university’s programs and accomplishments;
Collaborates with the various campus departments in designing and developing any materials and web-based content;
Oversees the university’s website, both in appearance, functionality, and content, and oversees all other social media used for university communications;
Develops and designs all business stationary, cards, and note cards
Knowledge Essential Responsibilities:
• Superior writing and editing skills – recognized for “near perfection”; writing and editing skills and often asked to edit the work of others;
• Superior listening and interpersonal skills;
• Superior knowledge and understanding of employee communications methodologies, tools and vehicles;
• Ability to interact with all levels of the University top to bottom, including senior University management;
• Ability to work well under pressure, meeting tight deadlines, and simultaneously managing multiple inputs on multiple projects;
• High level of flexibility, creativity and innovation in a changing environment;
• Ability to responsibly and creatively manage a budget;
• Success in managing, supporting and motivating staff;
• Knowledge, experience and expertise with technology-assisted communications and marketing;
• Experience with media relations preferred, including the ability to proactively position the University experts and news stories with media outlets;
• Proven ability to generate imaginative solutions and create cost-effective alternatives;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required;
• Ability to travel on and off campus for communications related activities if requested to do so.
This position supervises the Multimedia Specialist.
Education and/or Experience
• At least a bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or a closely related field;
• At least 2 years’ applicable work experience in public relations, public affairs and/or corporate communications is required;
• Prior work experience in higher education strongly preferred.
Physical Demands Physical Demands:
There are not any physical demands other than travel. It may well be that is the extent since lifting and pulling is not an active indigenous component to the position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this position, click here.
Senior Account Executive
Job Summary: Manage the execution of sales and marketing activities driving achievement, revenue and gross margin goals in each service area assigned and maintain all present account(s) through building client relations and representing OptionOne’s strategic anchors. Identify growth opportunities within local hospitals and health systems. Attend sales calls and review revenue, margin and referrals. Responsibilities also include troubleshooting sales and operational issues to ensure 100% customer satisfaction, productivity analysis, establishing business goals, and identification of new business opportunities.
Essential Job Functions
- Drives sales volume by directing the sales organization. Works with the sales leadership and sales team to set goals and develop sales forecasts for each territory.
- Develops strategic market plans to increase market penetration. Works with sales leadership to develop strategic market plans and identify market niches to increase market penetration. Assists in development and implementation of marketing communication and promotional activities to ensure support of sales efforts. Assists in communicating marketing and sales efforts to all sales personnel.
- Insures effective control of the market and takes corrective action to guarantee development and achievement of sales objectives within budget. Develops short- and long-range sales and marketing plans needed to achieve market penetration as well as sales and profit goals.
- Monitors competitors and sales trends to develop sales plans accordingly. Analyzes input from various sources to create new initiatives. Develop and implement business plans for new initiatives addressing market entry strategy, financial analysis and projected costs, timelines and necessary resources.
- Utilizes activity logs to ensure compliance. Provides productivity analysis and feedback to sales leadership on performance goals and forecasting. Identifies, provides training and development opportunities and develops and implements presentations/seminars to customers, the community and medical groups.
|Minimum Qualifications for Consideration
Preferred Qualifications but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Apply at: http://www.myoptionone.com/contact/careers/ and mention Kimberly Cope when applying.
Graphic Designer & Marketing Manager
The State Chamber of Oklahoma is seeking a highly creative and organized Graphic Design and Marketing professional to join our team to conceptualize, design and execute for both print and web. You will manage multiple projects from the initial concept to working with our vendors for printing and will be responsible for executing these projects on time and within budget. Salary is commensurate with experience and skills.
For more information or to apply for the job, send a resume, cover letter and examples of your work to Eric Blakeney, Senior Vice President of Operations, at email@example.com.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the design/creative lead on the majority of publications needed for the State Chamber and affiliates
- Work with State Chamber members and other local vendors to print all needed materials at the best cost and quality possible
- Serve as the lead creative on presentations for senior management, including PowerPoint and Prezi development using innovative design techniques and skill
Branding & Marketing
- Serve as lead on brand implementation and utilization, including marketing material development
- Ensure brand integrity is maintained on all materials, and with external vendors
- Maintain State Chamber style guide
- Handle all internal and external logo requests
- Compile and maintain budget for all branding related costs and report to VP
- Serve as backup photographer at all State Chamber events, as needed
- Hire and coordinate with professional photographers for high quality projects
- Edit pictures for use in publications and online
- Work with Website Manager on video projects and assist as-needed
- Minimum three years’ experience in graphic design
- Strong professional experience with Adobe Suite software CS4 and up (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign) and Microsoft Office Suite software
- Experience in working with and managing external vendor / partner relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills and a thorough knowledge of marketing and communications best practices
- Successful candidates will possess strong organizational and leadership skills
- Preference may be given to candidates with PR/Marketing experience
About the State Chamber
The State Chamber of Oklahoma is a statewide, nonprofit business membership organization that serves as the leading legislative voice for Oklahoma’s business community at the state and federal capitols.
Communication Adjunct Faculty
The Marketing Department at the University of Central Oklahoma is seeking academically and professionally qualified adjuncts to teach part-time in our undergraduate and graduate courses in business communication beginning in January 2014 for the UCO College of Business.
Essential qualifications for the two types (academically qualified or professionally qualified) of adjunct faculty are offered below.
Academically Qualified Criteria: Master’s degree in organizational or interpersonal communication from an accredited institution with emphasis on effective workplace communication. PhD in communication or closely related field from accredited institution preferred.
Professionally Qualified Criteria: Master’s degree in communication from an accredited institution with documented executive-level experience in communication.
Rate of pay: $700 or $915 per credit hour, depending on degree.
1. Current résumé.
3. Single-page statement that describes relevant experience.
4. Samples that demonstrate communication expertise.
Logged in AWC members can list jobs on this page.