Director / Sr. Director of Communications
Job Title: Director / Sr. Director of Communications
Reports To: VP of Public Relations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: This position demands an enthusiastic, hard-working, committed individual who has a broad base of communications and strategic planning experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate national, regional and local market media relations and public relations initiatives
- Implement local public relations strategy that will allow leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media and key influencers.
- Work with internal, external communications team and leadership team to support national and local external communications opportunities, solutions and strategies.
- Lead media relations planning and implementation in support of franchise development.
- Responsible for development and implementation of community relations strategy for corporation.
- Implement corporate contributions and sponsorship strategy and oversee implementation of contributions program and budget.
- Design and implement franchisee communications strategies and tactics to deliver against enterprise strategic initiatives, including leadership role in annual franchisee convention planning
- Co-lead daily Crisis Management Team responsibilities
- Work with internal communications team to coordinate and administer corporate contributions and volunteer projects
- Collaborates on development of corporate brand building strategies.
- Assists on special projects as needed.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
- Currently no supervisory responsibilities.
Sonic Core Competencies
- Customer Focus – Keeps in close touch with the needs and perspective of customer/markets and takes actions that benefit them and the business; gives high priority to customer satisfaction, includes internal & external customers.
- Teamwork & Collaboration – Works cooperatively and collaboratively with others. Acts in ways that support the success of the overall team and the company.
- Drive/Motivation/Initiative – Works to improve individual and organizational performance; is a self-starter; addresses current opportunities or problems; shows persistence; promotes initiative in others.
- Values and Respects Others – Relates to work and people in ways that value the unique differences of others. Encourages and supports diversity of thoughts and perspectives.
- Respectful of people’s time, priorities and responsibilities.
- Coaches and Develops – Works with others in a helpful, purposeful way in order to increase their competence, confidence and capability to make significant contributions to the brand; is committed to the development process in both technical and non-technical ways.
- Sonic Awareness – Understands the relationships in one’s own team, other teams, Sonic’s key priorities and core values; anticipates how new events or situations will affect individuals, teams and our company.
- Accountability – Is personally responsible for meeting commitments and getting results.
- Ensures that expectations are clear and results are achieved.
- Negotiating – Keeps assertiveness and empathy in balance when negotiating; excels in negotiating win/win resolutions; effectively handles differing viewpoints.
- Leadership – Effectively leads through inspiration; excels in training, leading and motivating people; develops synergistic strategies. Excels in acquiring support for decisions and actions; is able to consistently overcome objectives and reach common agreements.
- Strategic Thinking – Effectively formulates strategies, tactics and action plans to achieve results; proposes comprehensive plans of action which are timely, realistic and positive.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, marketing or related field is required; master’s degree is preferred. APR certification is preferred or may be pursued upon hire. A minimum of 10 years’ professional experience in Corporate Communications or Public Relations with demonstrated success in management, strategic planning and general communications experience.
- Candidates must have at least 10 years of communications experience and a bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations or communications (or equivalent experience)
- Good organizational skills and ability to effectively manage several important projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Experience with the news media
- Outstanding interpersonal, writing, and editing skills
- Excellent grammar skills
- Knowledge of the Associated Press Stylebook imperative
- Ability to work well with staff, senior management, community partners and the media
- Ability to be a part of a team and work with minimal supervision
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Event experience required
- Some traveling will be required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; and is frequently required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply, click here.
Content & Graphic Specialist
Candor Public Relations
Position Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Candor Public Relations is seeking a qualified multi-faceted individual who enjoys producing a variety of content and graphics in support of our clients for distribution through digital and social media channels
- Create engaging written and visual content for the purpose of marketing a portfolio of clients.
- Conceptualize and design graphics for multiple mediums including web, print and video.
- Create brand and design standards for clients.
- Plan and execute content marketing campaigns: leverage content, SEO, SEM, social media, and other inbound marketing tactics to generate website traffic and leads.
- Maintain and update client websites.
- Design and program email templates.
- Work with third-party printers to manage pre-press process through final production.
- Regularly meet and communicate with clients to understand their marketing needs, set their content marketing strategy, and communicate successes and challenges.
- Help ensure quality and cohesiveness of design for each client’s needs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with webmasters, reporters, publications and influencers to facilitate the placement and promotion of content.
- Stay abreast of newest digital trends, finding opportunities on how to apply them to enhance our services and benefit our clients.
- Bring a positive attitude to work every day. Collaborate and share best-practices with the team and the digital marketing community.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong graphics design skills.
- Experience working with a variety of inbound marketing tactics: blogging, public relations, SEO, social media, link building, and email outreach
- A portfolio of relevant work that demonstrates strategic thinking, an engaging style and a command of language (flow, sentence structure, grammar and punctuation).
- A portfolio of relevant work that demonstrates creativity and a command of graphic arts.
- Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines whether working independently or as part of a team.
- Demonstrate solid understanding in marketing concepts and best practices.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience or familiarity in the following: Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Google
- AdWords, Facebook Ads, basic HTML knowledge, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign,
- Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver), WordPress or other CMS, bulk email software (e.g. AWeber, MailChimp), Prezi, After Effects and knowledge of SEO and SEM best practices.
- Familiarity with social media platforms is a must.
- At least 3-5 years of experience (beyond internships) as a content marketer, marketing copywriter, web/digital design experience, SEO, journalist, traditional marketer, communications professional, blogger or digital marketer.
- Experience with video production, web design, photography or off-line marketing tactics.
- Experience working with print companies.
- Experience working as a designer for an advertising agency, marketing department or similar environment is a plus.
- Must possess a strong sense of concept development in addition to communication, collaboration, research, problem-solving and presentation skills.
- Must have intermediate skill level in digital marketing and project management
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to work effectively under deadlines while managing concurrent projects.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment with a high volume of on-going projects.
- Proven talent for creating fresh, unique and professional designs (portfolio required)
- Ability to implement design vision and direction from management or client as well as the ability to be self-sufficient in developing creative solutions.
- Passion to fill in any gaps in your digital marketing knowledge and quickly gain a tactical knowledge through application and analysis.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (journalism, marketing, advertising, communications).
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point. Be Internet savvy.
- 3+ years of proven graphic design experience.
- College degree in graphic arts/design preferred.
Commensurate with experience and education.
How To Apply:
Interested parties must submit a cover letter, resume and digital portfolio along with salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Communications & Public Relations Manager
Organization: Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center and Marfa Contemporary
Location: Oklahoma City, Okla.
Country: United States
Education: 4-Year Degree
Position Type: Full Time Permanent
Come join a team of dedicated staff at an exceptional time in the history of Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center and Marfa Contemporary, as we implement a new comprehensive strategic plan, expand exhibition and educational programming and outreach, and begin Oklahoma Contemporary’s first capital campaign to raise funds for a new building, to be located in downtown Oklahoma City.
Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center encourages artistic expression in all its forms through education and exhibitions. We endeavor to instill in the public a lifetime appreciation of the arts and enthusiasm for creative practice. Marfa Contemporary is the first regional extension of Oklahoma Contemporary. Exhibitions at Marfa Contemporary are free to the public year-round and feature recent works by regional, national, and international artists. Education programs for all generations are offered throughout the year free of charge.
In planning for the new capital campaign, Oklahoma Contemporary is building a model Communications and Public Relations department, one that will meet the growing needs of this unique organization. The Communications and Public Relations Manager will make a significant impact on the future of Oklahoma Contemporary and Marfa Contemporary.
The Communications and Public Relations Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the communications strategy and the maintenance of the organizational brand, in order to grow the stature, reach, and effectiveness of Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center and Marfa Contemporary with its various audiences (internal and external). The Manager serves as a member of leadership staff and works closely with peer stakeholders to develop messaging for Exhibitions, Education, Development, among other organizational initiatives, serving as a marketing and communications expert to advise department leaders on outreach activities.
This position reports to the Artistic Director and Chief Curator.
- Imagine and create a comprehensive marketing, communications, and public relations program that will enhance the reputation of Oklahoma Contemporary and Marfa Contemporary.
- Oversee development and implementation of efforts to increase awareness of programmatic and fundraising initiatives.
- Ensure consistent articulation of Oklahoma Contemporary’s and Marfa Contemporary’s desired image and messages through print and digital platforms, administering the tools and guidelines to maintain a unified graphic identity and voice style.
- Guide editorial direction and design of all Oklahoma Contemporary and Marfa Contemporary publications and communication tools, drafting and editing written and visual content.
- Manage the production of print pieces, including brochures, announcements, and development promotions.
- Set strategy for digital content, including the organization’s websites, social media, and newsletters, to engage key audiences and expand the organization’s reach.
- Manage and coordinate the timely updates of all digital media, collaborating with internal staff and external vendors to implement.
- Develop and monitor production calendars and annual budgets for the communications program.
- Maintain extensive and positive relationships with local, regional, and national media and serve as Oklahoma Contemporary’s and Marfa Contemporary’s media contact and spokesperson.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in marketing, communications, public relations, or journalism, with demonstrated success at a for-profit or not-for-profit entity with a visual and/or performing arts focus.
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills.
- Proven effective team management and mentorship abilities, with attentiveness to collaboration with staff, Board members, volunteers, donors, artists, and other involved parties.
- Ease handling multiple projects concurrently, with best-quality results, and leading these diplomatically and energetically.
- Self-directed style and ambition to make a contribution to the greater community.
- Knowledge of the latest advances in effective use of digital and social media including online communities, search engine optimization and other digital marketing tools.
- Experience with photo-editing and document design software, in order to oversee staff and vendor production.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Christi Knight, Executive Assistant
Director of Development
Position Description: The King’s Gate Director of Development has the overall responsibility of establishing, organizing and implementing a successful outreach and development program, creating partnerships with constituencies, designing and implementing fundraising strategies, maximizing the benefits of King’s Gate’s fundraising and public relations efforts, and providing direct support to the Director in all matters that deal with fundraising.
The mission of King’s Gate is to take the love of Jesus Christ to the community by partnering with families to equip the whole student for their individual calling through a rich, experiential education.
1. Create a King’s Gate Alumni list and begin communications with the purpose of growing a support base for the school and positive awareness in the community.
2. Provide managerial oversight and leadership to the development program including building and designing the fundraising program and the optimum time lines to achieve and support the financial goals and objectives as set forth by the Director and the Board.
3. Strategically build and boost favorable awareness of King’s Gate, “telling the King’s Gate story”, asking the community-at-large to join King’s Gate as we expand our impact.
4. Identify prospects and create partnerships with constituencies (foundations, individuals, corporations, etc.) establishing and maintaining personal relationships with officers and representatives of these constituencies; including cultivation, solicitation of donations, and stewardship.
5. Reach out to other populations including alumni and families for support of developmental activities.
6. Facilitate systems for gift processing, gift and volunteer recognition, grant management, solicitation correspondence, prospect management so as to ensure high productivity and positive staff interactions.
7. Identify new board members who can contribute community influence, time, and resources to the organization.
8. Diplomatically work with parent leaders and volunteers as the chief staff liaison to oversee the planning and implementation of King’s Gate’s auction event, ensuring maximization of benefits and securing matching funds.
9. Oversee the planning and implementation of King’s Gate’s Amazing Race ensuring maximizing its benefits and securing matching funds.
10. Facilitate a persuasive place on the King’s Gate website where prospects can learn about King’s Gate and make donations including an avenue for past and current patrons to “tell their King’s Gate story”.
11. Maintain confidentiality and reflect positively on the school, its families, alumni, children, staff, and host church in word and deed.
12. Work schedule as agreed and be present for and assist with school events as they pertain to development activities.
13. Follow the policies detailed in the King’s Gate Employee Handbook, and demonstrate the King’s Gate Code of Ethics in daily life.
- A bachelor’s degree in communication, public relations, or related field
- Experience with development operations, solicitation of donations, fundraising, event planning, and building long-term strategic partnerships
- Strong communicator with diplomacy skills
- The person must be a Christian, affirm the Apostles’ Creed, believe the Bible is the Word of God and demonstrate Christian character in daily life
A position with direct supervision by the King’s Gate Director.
Logged in AWC members can list jobs on this page.