Graphic Designer & Marketing Manager
The State Chamber of Oklahoma is seeking a highly creative and organized Graphic Design and Marketing professional to join our team to conceptualize, design and execute for both print and web. You will manage multiple projects from the initial concept to working with our vendors for printing and will be responsible for executing these projects on time and within budget. Salary is commensurate with experience and skills.
For more information or to apply for the job, send a resume, cover letter and examples of your work to Eric Blakeney, Senior Vice President of Operations, at email@example.com.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the design/creative lead on the majority of publications needed for the State Chamber and affiliates
- Work with State Chamber members and other local vendors to print all needed materials at the best cost and quality possible
- Serve as the lead creative on presentations for senior management, including PowerPoint and Prezi development using innovative design techniques and skill
Branding & Marketing
- Serve as lead on brand implementation and utilization, including marketing material development
- Ensure brand integrity is maintained on all materials, and with external vendors
- Maintain State Chamber style guide
- Handle all internal and external logo requests
- Compile and maintain budget for all branding related costs and report to VP
- Serve as backup photographer at all State Chamber events, as needed
- Hire and coordinate with professional photographers for high quality projects
- Edit pictures for use in publications and online
- Work with Website Manager on video projects and assist as-needed
- Minimum three years’ experience in graphic design
- Strong professional experience with Adobe Suite software CS4 and up (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign) and Microsoft Office Suite software
- Experience in working with and managing external vendor / partner relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills and a thorough knowledge of marketing and communications best practices
- Successful candidates will possess strong organizational and leadership skills
- Preference may be given to candidates with PR/Marketing experience
About the State Chamber
The State Chamber of Oklahoma is a statewide, nonprofit business membership organization that serves as the leading legislative voice for Oklahoma’s business community at the state and federal capitols.
Communication Adjunct Faculty
The Marketing Department at the University of Central Oklahoma is seeking academically and professionally qualified adjuncts to teach part-time in our undergraduate and graduate courses in business communication beginning in January 2014 for the UCO College of Business.
Essential qualifications for the two types (academically qualified or professionally qualified) of adjunct faculty are offered below.
Academically Qualified Criteria: Master’s degree in organizational or interpersonal communication from an accredited institution with emphasis on effective workplace communication. PhD in communication or closely related field from accredited institution preferred.
Professionally Qualified Criteria: Master’s degree in communication from an accredited institution with documented executive-level experience in communication.
Rate of pay: $700 or $915 per credit hour, depending on degree.
1. Current résumé.
3. Single-page statement that describes relevant experience.
4. Samples that demonstrate communication expertise.
The Greater Oklahoma City Chamber – Oklahoma City Convention and Visitors Bureau is currently accepting resumes for the position of Communications Manager to support the marketing and communications efforts to promote Oklahoma City as a visitor and convention destination.
Principal duties include soliciting visits by travel journalists, coordinating and hosting those visits and attending various travel journalist conferences. The communications manager also works closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to provide support for the bureau’s marketing efforts.
•Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field.
•Minimum three years’ experience in public relations or related field.
•Ability to write in journalistic style, AP style preferred with experience writing news releases.
•Excellent written and verbal skills.
•Experience proactively identifying, developing and executing strategic media plans.
•Proven skills to independently respond to complex media inquiries and issues.
•Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated strong project, time management and multi-tasking abilities.
•Above average computer and data management skills.
•Must be able to travel independently.
•Willingness to work a flexible work schedule.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 25, 2013.
Logged in AWC members can list jobs on this page.