Communication Adjunct Faculty
The Marketing Department at the University of Central Oklahoma is seeking academically and professionally qualified adjuncts to teach part-time in our undergraduate and graduate courses in business communication beginning in January 2014 for the UCO College of Business.
Essential qualifications for the two types (academically qualified or professionally qualified) of adjunct faculty are offered below.
Academically Qualified Criteria: Master’s degree in organizational or interpersonal communication from an accredited institution with emphasis on effective workplace communication. PhD in communication or closely related field from accredited institution preferred.
Professionally Qualified Criteria: Master’s degree in communication from an accredited institution with documented executive-level experience in communication.
Rate of pay: $700 or $915 per credit hour, depending on degree.
1. Current résumé.
3. Single-page statement that describes relevant experience.
4. Samples that demonstrate communication expertise.
The Greater Oklahoma City Chamber – Oklahoma City Convention and Visitors Bureau is currently accepting resumes for the position of Communications Manager to support the marketing and communications efforts to promote Oklahoma City as a visitor and convention destination.
Principal duties include soliciting visits by travel journalists, coordinating and hosting those visits and attending various travel journalist conferences. The communications manager also works closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to provide support for the bureau’s marketing efforts.
•Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field.
•Minimum three years’ experience in public relations or related field.
•Ability to write in journalistic style, AP style preferred with experience writing news releases.
•Excellent written and verbal skills.
•Experience proactively identifying, developing and executing strategic media plans.
•Proven skills to independently respond to complex media inquiries and issues.
•Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated strong project, time management and multi-tasking abilities.
•Above average computer and data management skills.
•Must be able to travel independently.
•Willingness to work a flexible work schedule.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 25, 2013.
Online Communications Intern- Loves Travel Stops
The Online Communications Intern will play an active role in the development of Love’s online communities. Under the supervision of Love’s Online Communications Specialist, the intern will maintain Love’s presence on various social media platforms and help create and publish content that is relevant to our customer base. He/She will regularly analyze and report on the activity on our social media networks, as well as Love’s website.
- Find and create content that is relevant to our customers and post it to our social networks in a manner that invites conversation and interaction.
- Respond to posts or comments to bring value to a user’s interaction with Love’s.
- Assist in creating social media plans to support various business initiatives.
- Use Google Analytics and Facebook Insights to access trends and activity.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity and experience with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Yelp, LinkedIn and Google+.
- HS diploma or equivalent required
- Currently enrolled in four year university, sophomore level or above, preparing for a Bachelor’s Degree in a Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or other related field.
- Past internship experience preferred, but not required.
If interested, please email your resume to email@example.com.
The Oklahoma Women’s Coalition (OWC) is a state-wide 501(c)3 not for profit, non partisan organization established in October 2008 is currently seeking candidates for the position of Executive Director.
The organization’s primary focus is to support state legislation and policies that advance the Coalition’s mission. We are also committed to the development and dissemination of educational information on programs and issues important to Oklahoma’s women and girls. The organization staffs an Oklahoma City office with an Executive Director and Communications Director. In addition, we contracts with a legislative liaison. Our successful candidate will be housed in the Oklahoma City office. Web site: www.oklahomawomenscoalition.org
The Executive Director is accountable for providing leadership, strategic direction, and vision for the development and achievement of the organization’s mission in partnership with the Oklahoma Women’s Coalition Board of Directors. The successful candidate will provide direction and guidance to the OWC in the development of its strategic goals and execute/ implement the strategy within the framework of the organization’s policies and standards. The incumbent advises, recommends and assists the OWC state-wide Board of Directors in the formulation of policies governing the OWC. The incumbent directs the OWC’s day-to-day operations.
The Executive Director works as the staff advisor to and in partnership with the Board of Directors to 1.) Carry out the mission of the organization, 2.) Responsibly manage the OWC’s human, material and fiscal resources and 3.) Assure that the OWC has a positive relevance throughout the state through various media.
The Executive Director will have strong experience in generating funds. The incumbent is responsible for all hiring, release, retention, and management of employed staff; for directing the management and development of the OWC’s physical resources; and for oversight of the OWC’s fiscal activities.
Board Relations & Support
• Works in tandem with the Board of Directors to generate sufficient funds to grow the
• Coalition and to sufficiently meet its goals and resource needs
• Provides strategic leadership by working with the OWC board to establish and implement long-term and short-term priorities, goals and tactical plans in support of the overarching business strategy
• Works in partnership with the OWC Board officers and committee chairs to leverage the
involvement and contribution of each OWC board member while supplying staff support
• Collaborates with the Board of Directors to develop and implement capacity building
strategies and plans designed to accommodate the growth objectives of the OWC
• Keeps the board informed of pertinent trends and legislative activities that affect the work of
• Ensures, as the Advisor to the Leadership Development Committee, that a bi-partisan and
diverse Board membership is institutionalized within the OWC’s activities and functions to
enhance organizational diversity
• Identifies current and projected needs of the OWC and identifies qualifications for OWC
elected officers and directors on the Board
• Ensures and promotes non-discrimination in every aspect of the Oklahoma Women’s
Financial and Fundraising Responsibility
• Maintains a strong relationship with existing funding sources
• Generates new and diversified funding sources while working in tandem with the OWC
• Works with the Finance Committee and staff in monitoring, developing and explanation of
the Annual Budget
• Ensures the financial health of the OWC by employing sound fiscal controls and management and by effectively integrating and managing the OWC’s resources to support sustained financial growth
• Provides strategic financial input and leadership on key decisions affecting the organization
Management and Administrative Responsibility
• Motivates and leads a high-performance staff team; attracts, recruits, and retains/releases
staff as needed and as funding allows
• Ensures the corporate and legal responsibilities of the OWC are fulfilled by keeping
informed on legislation and current legal requirements
• Acts as a catalyst for effective development of strategies and solutions to key business challenges
Public Relations and Membership
Works to maintain a positive image of the OWC in the state by:
1. Communicating and promoting the OWC Issues Agenda, set by the Board of Directors
2. Acting as an advocate and chief spokesperson for the OWC within all sectors of the state by representing the OWC to the general public, planning agencies, funders and the corporate community
3. Developing and maintaining community awareness with other organizations in the state, through education and presentations
4. Articulating and initiating, along with the Board and the Membership Committee, the development, implementation and communication of effective growth strategies and processes
Professional Leadership Qualities
• Demonstrates passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, is mission driven and self directed
• Demonstrates leadership qualities which inspire confidence and loyalty in others by initiative, acceptance of others, judgment, maturity, working under pressure, cooperation, dependability, adaptability and positive demeanor
• Demonstrates positive attitude toward the Board of Directors
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree, ideally with a Masters Degree
- The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to the OWC Mission
- Candidate should have at least 5 years of senior management experience; a track record of effectively leading an outcomes-based organization and/or programs
- Working knowledge of not-for-profit management
- Experience to generate and expand revenue and fundraising activities to support OWC’s goals and objectives while working in tandem with the board of directors
- Preferred experience in Event Planning
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach and manage a small staff, set and achieve strategic objectives and manage a budget
- Past success working with a board of directors with ability to cultivate existing board member participation and relationships
- Strong marketing and public relations skills with ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable and innovative approach to business planning
- Proficient in various technology abilities: Microsoft Office Suite, social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.,)
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
Mail or email resumes with at least 5 reference names, phone # and addresses no later than October 11 to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Oklahoma Women’s Coalition, Executive Director Search, 720 West Wilshire, Suite 101D, Oklahoma City, OK 73116 postmarked no later than October 11, 2013.
The OWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Senior Marketing & Business Development Specialist
The law firm of Crowe & Dunlevy is looking for a Senior Marketing & Business Development Specialist.
Working under direct supervision of the Director of Marketing & Business Development, this individual will play a key role in advising and supporting firm attorneys regarding business development, marketing communications and client relations activities.
Responsibilities include assisting with creating and supporting practice group marketing/ business development plans and client related activities. Conducts research regarding existing and prospective clients, competitor activity, and industry and market trends. Collaborates with members of the Marketing & Business Development department and other departments for successful proposal development. Facilitates marketing content to ensure consistency and accuracy across all distribution channels (database, electronic, print) and supports maintenance of the firm’s databases. Manages firm website, webinars, competitive intelligence and e-marketing platforms.
Skills and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or equivalent discipline from four-year university
Five or more years of relevant marketing and project management experience in the professional services industry or equivalent combination of education and experience
Superior writing and editing skills, including the ability to evaluate and self-proof copy
Exceptional communications skills, including ability to ensure communications are accurate, clear and complete; correct in terms of spelling, grammar, punctuation and editorial style and that they maintain a consistent tone and voice
Advanced capability in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Adobe Creative Suite and website content management. CRM database experience would be an asset.
Proficient knowledge of graphic design software
Knowledge of AP Style and HTML a plus
Please send resume to email@example.com.
Public Information Officer
Salary Range: $2500.00 – $3333.33 monthly
Opening Date: August 20, 2013
Closing Date: September 6, 2013
Major Work Duties
Establishes, develops and maintains contact with media, professional and civic organizations, and other special interest groups to promote agency programs.
Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with partner agencies and organizations.
Prepares and edits agency news releases, newsletters, brochures, and broadcast strips.
Assists with web pages, social media and public relations campaigns for the agency.
Designs and produces online and print graphics and programs for various meetings and events.
Develops promotional materials for presentation at exhibits, fairs, festivals, conferences, schools, and professional group meetings.
Provides assistance to conservation districts, including graphics, photos, newsletters, event promotion, news releases, and attends district sponsored events.
Provides in-service training for agency staff and conservation districts.
Serves as photographer for the agency.
Sets up and operates audiovisual equipment for multiple events per year, which includes negotiating A/V contracts at select venues.
Maintains the archival and accessibility requirements of agency publications and reports.
Requests and prepares proclamations, commendations, and service awards.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: A strong interest in the agency’s functions, mission, and programs is required. Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and complete work assignments is needed. Knowledge of English usage, including grammar and composition; of accepted styles for materials released to various media; of visual graphics techniques; of editing techniques and procedures. Ability to write and edit; to uphold and practice public relations principles and codes of ethics; to deliver informational presentations; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Must be skilled in basic digital graphic design and photo editing techniques, including working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software. Must have a working knowledge of a variety of social media platforms including Twitter and Facebook. Knowledge of video editing techniques is a plus. Must be able to lift 40 pounds and walk distances. Must be able to safely and legally operate a motor vehicle and travel overnight regularly.
Preferred Education and/or Experience: The formal education equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, agriculture communications, professional writing, or a closely related field; or three years of experience.
Duty Location: Oklahoma City
Application Procedures: Interested and qualified persons submit a signed OCC application and cover letter with a daytime phone number and samples of pertinent work. Email submissions are preferred. Attachments should not exceed 10 MB. Links to web-based samples of work are acceptable, but work must be identifiable as created by the applicant. Email submissions will be acknowledged within two business days. Send to:
Oklahoma Conservation Commission
Attn: Communications Coordinator
2800 N Lincoln Blvd. Suite 160
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
405-522-4739 – Phone
The OCC application can be accessed on the internet at: http://www.ok.gov/okcc/Employment_Information.html
Logged in AWC members can list jobs on this page.